Senior UX Designer
This Place is a global digital strategy & design studio with expertise across strategy, experience design, UX/UI design and development and locations in London, Seattle, Hong Kong and Tokyo. We’re a friendly, driven and rapidly growing team with a passion for making the complex simple, building significant brand and commercial benefit for our clients and creating deep engagement with customers.
We look for those who are smart, curious, humble, and fun. We have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration.
We are on the hunt for a driven, self-starting individual to take on a key role in our UK Design practice supporting our global client base across a variety of strategic design projects.
Bringing together multidisciplinary teams, our work is focused on partnering with our clients to solve complex challenges with simple solutions. We define strategic visions, build innovation models, design new customer propositions and business models and create the space and story to turn these concepts into reality. We work closely with strategy and development and many functions within our clients businesses to ensure that from research, to prototype and launch, we develop actionable, practical concepts which deliver real business value and customer impact.
As a senior member of our team, the right candidate will also be given the opportunity to help drive and shape the nature of the work conducted in the practice, the team who will support it, and the clients with which we work.
- Producing multi-channel brand touchpoint inventories
- Capturing and prioritising user requirements
- Producing end-to-end, multi-channel customer experience maps
- Contributing to the definition of strategic experience visions & principles
- High-level analytics analysis (we have partners for in-depth research)
- Undertaking quantitative and qualitative research studies (e.g. trends analysis, competitor experience assessment, customer research)
- Analysing and draw insights and meaningful conclusions from this research
- Designing and facilitating immersive client workshop experiences
- Co-creating new business ideas and concepts with clients / multidisciplinary teams
- Working with UX and UI teams to conceive, develop, and test concepts
- Mentoring junior team members
- Contributing to the development and growth of the UX Design Practice & the rest of the business
- Strong written, visual, and personal presentational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Extensive experience in designing and facilitating workshops
- The ability to work at a conceptual / strategic level but also be detail-focused when designing tangible, achievable solutions
- Familiarity with a range of research and testing techniques; knowing when and how to apply the appropriate approach
- Familiarity with Adobe CC, Sketch, Framer, Invision
- E-commerce experience – ideally within retail
- Passionate about digital and its impact on customer facing businesses
- A portfolio of sketches, maps, diagrams, journeys and wireframes
- Ability to travel as required (minimal)
We are passionate about providing a fun, dynamic work environment with a good balance of challenging, exciting content and time for life. Our London studio is located in Shoreditch, work will be based out of our office with occasional international travel required to present to key clients.
Basic benefits package includes...
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme (a combination of overall business performance and personal performance based on mutually agreed targets)
- Access to discretionary shares scheme (awarded to employees subject to business performance)
- Company pension
- Flexible working policy
- Summer and winter team conference
- Macbook laptop
In summary, it’s a fantastic opportunity to join and help shape a business that’s growing, is well funded, secure, and is absolute in its direction and desire to succeed. If you believe that better digital experiences shape a better world, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information on the opportunity and for a confidential chat, get in touch at [email protected]