Associate Creative Director
At This Place, we look for people who are smart, curious, humble and fun. We'll have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking and entrepreneurial spirits. We work best with people who are passionate about design in its many forms, and who aren’t afraid to challenge convention in pursuit of best-in-class solutions.
As an Associate Creative Director at This Place, you’ll be leading a project team designing digital experiences and products for global brands, from conception through final design. You’ll work closely with the Creative and Strategy Directors, as well as interaction, visual and communication designers to research and deliver compelling, user-centered solutions.
Associate Creative Directors at This Place are hands-on designers but they are also confident leaders, directing the work of individuals and teams while demonstrating a commitment to producing exceptional work. ACDs are role models for junior designers of all creative disciplines, and have some direct management responsibilities.
- Manage the day-to-day workflows of multiple projects, working with the Directors to ensure that deadlines are met, and project goals are achieved
- Drive the creation of concepts, page-level designs and design-level prototypes for websites, applications, wearable devices and interactive installations
- Identify which technologies are appropriate for given projects, and seek opportunities for experience and design innovation
- Lead by example, inspiring others with the quality of your own work, your ability to clearly articulate your vision and design decisions
- Mentor and participate in managing the careers of junior designers
- Assist with recruiting and hiring
- Initiate and maintain client relationships, and contribute to business development on your accounts
- Be an eloquent storyteller when presenting work to internal teams and to clients, encouraging collaborative dialogue and building consensus around solutions
- Contribute to the development of best practices and standards at This Place
- 7 years professional experience in UX or Visual Design, designing digital products and interfaces, as well as websites, mobile and web applications
- An online portfolio that demonstrates impeccable craft, creative problem solving and an eye for detail
- Proven ability to lead a team of multidisciplinary designers at a project level, and to manage and mentor junior creatives
- A capacity for strategic, conceptual and associative thinking, and the ability to translate this thinking into compelling work
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- Proficiency with existing interactive technologies, and curiosity about emerging ones
- Must be able to speak thoughtfully and persuasively about design
- Located within commuting distance of Seattle, WA (or willing to relocate)
- Ability to travel if, and when, required