This Place Seattle is growing and we are looking for an ambitious, confident, and enthusiastic person to join our family in the role of Product Strategist. As a Product Strategist at This Place, you’ll be a crucial part of delivering innovative digital products, platforms, and experiences from conception through design. You’ll become a part of a growing and dynamic agency by joining a multidisciplinary team of creatives, strategists, developers, and project managers.
As a successful product strategist, you will be able to take a 10,000 foot view of a product vision as well as get into the details of execution. You will partner with the strategy team to understand the client’s business problems, translate those problems into focused product requirements and into a holistic product strategy. You will then work across the project management and creative teams to concept, design, and deliver digital solutions which you will then present back to the client.
In addition, it is expected that you are mindful of opportunities to continually improve the way we operate. This work can include implementing new tools, processes, and methodologies that can help us deliver more effectively on future work.
At This Place, we look for those who are smart, curious, humble, and fun. We have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, a little bit of hustle, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration. If this sounds like you, and you believe that better digital experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.
- Understand and validate needs through data analysis, competitive research, and user feedback.
- Gather requirements and create detailed functional specifications to deliver strong business value.
- Create low-fidelity wireframes, pitch decks, and other visual assets to communicate the functionality and value of a product feature.
- Develop and own the vision for the product on behalf of clients and customers.
- Create, manage, and prioritize product backlog.
- Manage the build, test, and release process of the new features.
- Triage bugs and communicate fixes to users.
- Support pre and post launch activities, including participating in client calls & training.
- Collaborate with all internal and external partners to facilitate projects.
- Continue to develop and continuously improve the This Place Product Strategy & Management process.
- Lead by example by creating quality documentation and other work product, and demonstrating excellent product management best practices.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product strategy/management.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the design workflow and toolkit.
- Knowledge of agile and scrum methodologies.