As a UX Designer at This Place, you’ll be part of a team designing digital experiences and products for global brands, from conception through final design. You’ll work under the guidance of a Senior Designer and a UX Director, as well collaborating with visual designers, communication designers, and strategists to research and deliver compelling, user-centered design solutions.
UX Designers at This Place are more than just wireframers, but are professionals who can apply design thinking to a variety of problems, and see applications for user experience design in the physical as well as digital worlds. We look for designers who see interfaces as more than utilitarian, for getting users efficiently from point A to point B, but also as vehicles to tell stories and engage people in meaningful ways.
- Work with design leads to gather requirements, research user needs, and conduct user testing.
- Create functionality, navigation, and interaction models through wireframes, sitemaps, schematics, and design-level prototypes.
- Participate in user and market research, create user personae, and use-case scenarios.
- Contribute to the development of content/data models, nomenclature, and taxonomies.
- Apply an understanding of how UX concerns and requirements differ between platforms, devices, and channels.
- Contribute to the development of best practices and standards at This Place for Interaction Design.
- 3+ years professional experience in a design studio or start-up environment.
- Capacity for strategic, conceptual and associative thinking, and the ability to translate this thinking into compelling designs and supporting documentation.
- Solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles.
- Proficiency with existing interactive technologies, and curiosity about emerging ones.
- Dexterity across a spectrum of design applications and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Must be able to speak thoughtfully about design and clearly articulate concepts and design decisions.
- Ability to travel if and when required.