Director of Business Strategy
If you’re not quite experienced enough for this role but are interested in working with us, check out the Senior Strategist role on our website!
This Place is a London-born digital product design consultancy founded to solve problems through design. We help influential global brands define and realize their strategic vision through the design of smarter and better digital products and services. We’re a friendly, driven team with a passion about all things digital.
At This Place, we look for those who are smart, curious, humble, and fun. We have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, entrepreneurial spirits, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration.
We are on the hunt for a driven, self-starting executive business strategist to lead our Business Strategy practice. You’ll bring your management consulting background and digital chops to lead global brands through the envisioning and delivery of innovative, strategic solutions. As the senior member of our the strategy team, and part of the Seattle leadership team, you'll also be given the opportunity to help drive and shape the nature of the work conducted in the practice; grow and lead the team who will support it; and share in the act of setting the direction for our business as a whole.
The Director of Business Strategy will work across business, technology, creative, and operationally focused client domains at a macro level to help clients operate in a fast-changing market, take advantage of the efficiencies of digital, and find ways to unlock competitive advantage. The role will involve working closely with executive client teams (board, SVP, VP, and Director level) to gather, analyze, and present fact-driven pragmatic insight on how the business needs to change including cost, time, and organizational implications.
If you’re passionate about helping clients succeed and have a proven track record within the world of consulting, design, and digital transformation, we would love to talk to you!
- Deliver innovative, digital, strategic advice to clients and team.
- Act as a trusted advisor to executive client teams. Elevate client relationships and increase the value we deliver over time.
- Formulate scenarios for change and develop a point of view on the client’s best course of action. Research, write, and deliver presentations and reports to executive clients.
- Support businesses through digital transformation.
- Lead and drive multidisciplinary project teams.
- Have and maintain knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization.
- Build a team of Strategists and mentor them toward delivery excellence.
- Help us build something by contributing to the development and growth of the Strategy Practice and the rest of the business.
- Be a thought leader in your area of passion. Use your knowledge to build POCs, opinion pieces, or other market facing thought leadership.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in business strategy consulting delivering successful client advisory projects at a top tier consulting firm. Experience supporting digital transformation externally or from within preferred.
- Excellent general business acumen with exceptional problem solving skills.
- Global brand experience and B2C mandatory; Seattle local brands and B2B a plus.
- Confident, assertive, driven, responsible, and professional. Self directed and inspiring in your work ethic and motivation.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, cross-functionally, and is seen as a leader and expert to outside disciplines.
- Passionate about digital and its impact on customer facing businesses.
- Ability to travel as required (minimal).