Digital Project Manager
This Place is a global digital strategy & design studio with expertise across strategy, experience design, UX/UI design and development and locations in London, Seattle, Hong Kong and Tokyo. We’re a friendly, driven and rapidly growing team with a passion for making the complex simple, building significant brand and commercial benefit for our clients and creating deep engagement with customers.
We look for those who are smart, curious, humble, and fun. We have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration.
Based in Shoreditch, London, you will join the team to grow our project management capabilities. The role requires working closely with design and development teams to plan and deliver digital projects in line with our high internal and external expectations. You will apply your knowledge of UX, UI and development production processes and assume responsibilities for a long-term e-commerce project for our largest client. The role requires occasional company travel.
- Take ownership of complex digital deliveries on several client work streams.
- Work with Projects Director and Client Services on managing and exceeding client expectations.
- Work directly with clients to ensure project objectives, scope and deliverables are fully defined, documented, and supported by key stakeholders.
- Work closely with strategy, design and technology teams to analyse requirements, define solutions and produce project plans.
- Control & report project status and financials using tools like Harvest, Jira, Trello, Confluence and Excel.
- Manage day to day running of all project activities in the studio.
- Develop long term relationships and trust with clients and colleagues.
- Support the Projects Director advancing the discipline of project management by exploring new tools & technologies and and optimise internal processes.
- At least 4 years of experience in digital project management, including complex digital infrastructure and innovation projects for large organisations.
- Motivated to get stuff done and prepared to lean in to make things happen.
- Positive attitude and self-motivated.
- Strong understanding of the digital project life cycle, digital product development, and design and development processes.
- Sharp mind to cut through complexity and solve problems in dynamic environments.
- Ability to motivate project team members to deliver to the highest standards.
- Confident negotiating project details with multiple internal and external project stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and manage project and business risks.
- General knowledge of programming languages and ability to understand developer jargon.
- Experience in executing modern project management methodologies. In particular (Scaled) Agile, Kanban or Scrum, but also experience in traditional waterfall project planning.
- Experience using Jira and other project management tools.
- Good listening skills and ability to communicate complex issues clearly.
- Excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- An infectious enthusiasm for great user experience and smart digital solutions.
- Open to occasional company travel overseas.
- Educated to degree level a benefit.
- French language skills a plus, but not essential.
- Experience in the e-commerce, grocery, telecoms or fintech sectors a plus, but not essential.
- Experience with SAP Hybris / CX a plus, but not essential.
We are passionate about providing a fun, dynamic work environment with a good balance of challenging, exciting content and time for life. Our London studio is located in Shoreditch, work will be based out of our office with occasional international travel required to present to key clients.
Basic benefits package includes...
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme (a combination of overall business performance and personal performance based on mutually agreed targets)
- Access to discretionary shares scheme (awarded to employees subject to business performance)
- Company pension
- Flexible working policy
- Summer and winter team conference
- Macbook laptop
- Reporting to the UK Projects Director
In summary, it’s a fantastic opportunity to join and help shape a business that’s growing, is well funded, secure, and is absolute in its direction and desire to succeed.