Senior Design Researcher
As a Senior Design Researcher at This Place, you’ll be influencing the designs of digital experiences and products for global brands, from conception through final design. You’ll work closely with strategists, interaction, visual and communication designers, developers and project managers to research and deliver compelling, user-centered design solutions.
Researchers at This Place are more than just analysts, but are fully integrated members of our design teams, and participate in the creative process. We look for researchers who see past the data, and are passionate about understanding people, their behaviors and the motivations behind them.
Researchers at This Place work equally well independently, or as part of a team. They excel at user experience design, but are also proficient design and strategic thinkers.
- Work closely with strategists and designers to identify areas of exploration, and organize these into tangible research topics
- Interview stakeholders, gather analytics data, research user needs, design and conduct user interviews and product testing, and help determine necessary project deliverables
- Generate actionable insights and recommendations that align project stakeholders, and inform effective designs
- Help identify which digital channels and technologies are appropriate for given projects, and seek opportunities for experience and design innovation
- Be an eloquent storyteller when presenting work to internal teams and to clients, encouraging collaborative dialogue and building consensus around insights and recommendations
- Educate product teams and clients about how to incorporate user research into requirements, and facilitate evidence-based design decisions
- Identify opportunities to facilitate and/or conduct design research workshops internally, and with clients as project needs require
- Contribute to the development of best practices and standards at This Place
- 5+ years professional experience conducting consumer/design research for digital products, as well as websites, mobile and web applications
- A compelling portfolio that demonstrates impeccable craft, the ability to discern the differences between data, findings and insights, and how to translate these into recommendations
- A capacity for strategic, conceptual and associative thinking, and the ability to create bridges that link ideas with action
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- Proficiency with existing interactive technologies, and curiosity about emerging ones
- Located within commuting distance of Seattle, WA (or willing to relocate)
- Ability to travel if, and when, required