Business Director (UK)
This Place is a digital experience agency, with expertise across strategy, user experience, design and development. We are passionate about making the complex seamless, building significant brand and commercial benefit for our clients and deep engagement from their customers.
At This Place, we look for those who are smart, curious, humble, and fun. We have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, eye for business, entrepreneurial spirits, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through great design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration. If this sounds like you, and you believe that better digital experiences craft a better world, we’d love to hear from you.
We have almost 30 talented digital designers, strategists, architects and developers in London, and a fast-growing Seattle studio housing 20 full-time family members. Additionally we’ve now joined with Infoteria Group (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange) to expand our footprint into Japan / APAC and also strengthen our ability to build imaginative and meaningful IoT solutions.
We are entering a phase of rapid growth and looking for talented people to join our journey, principle amongst which is a Business Director to help drive existing relationships further, and impress to establish new ones.
The Role of the Business Director:
This is a pivotal role for This Place, leading the relationships with our key clients, helping to develop our Client Services function, and leading the agency in the acquisition of new business. Day to day you will be:
- Being responsible for the strategic relationships with our UK anchor clients
- Being the trusted advisor, offering deep and worthwhile digital and commercial mentorship to help solve their business problems
- Delivering extraordinary client services, always on hand and willing to fully commit to ensure we remain a trusted partner
- Working with the current project management, strategy, development, and design teams and growing a client services team around you
- Sitting on the This Place leadership team, offering strategic direction to the business
- Using your contact book to identify new client opportunities. Working with the Managing Director on client pitch work and owning relationships with new accounts into the business
Requirements of the Business Director:
- Stellar client services background within a digital, design or user experience agency - up to Senior Account Director or Business Director level
- Expertise in leading large pieces of client business in the digital design and customer experience space
- Experience of growing/managing a team of account executives and account managers
- Strength in developing existing pieces of business and leading the development of new business
- A creative and strategically led account person who is always looking to innovate for clients
- A disruptive thinker who feels empowered to challenge client processes and campaign strategies
- Motivated to join an agency at a stage of growth and to be integral in driving success, building processes and leading accounts
For more information on the opportunity, a confidential chat, you can contact Glyn or Graham on [email protected]
***NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE***
- We have an innovation program with time reserved to come up with new ideas and explore new technologies such as IoT, Blockchain, AR, VR, AI and Machine Learning, using Google Glass and EEG devices which we have open sourced - see our MindRDR project as an example (http://mindrdr.thisplace.com/)
- We love to attend (and win) hackathons together! We recently won the London Insurance Blockchain Hackathon with our Ethereum Insurance app
- We are currently doing research in Blockchain technologies to explore the potential