New Business Director (UK)
This Place is a global digital strategy & design studio with expertise across strategy, experience design, UX/UI design and development and locations in London, Seattle, Hong Kong and Tokyo. We’re a friendly, driven and rapidly growing team with a passion for making the complex simple, building significant brand and commercial benefit for our clients and creating deep engagement with customers.
We look for those who are smart, curious, humble, and fun. We have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration.
The role of the New Business Director/Head of New Business:
This is a pivotal role for This Place, pushing relationships with our existing clients; helping to develop organic business development, while also leading the agency in the acquisition of new business. Day to day you will be:
- Responsible for upstream, strategic conversations with clients around new business areas
- The trusted advisor, offering deep and worthwhile digital and commercial mentorship to help solve their business problems
- Sitting on the This Place leadership team, offering strategic direction to the business
- Using your contact book to identify new client opportunities
- Working with the Managing Director on client pitch work and owning relationships with new accounts into the business
- Pro-active in your approach to bringing in new clients; keeping an eye on different industries to spot business opportunities
- Steller new business background within a digital, design or user experience agency or consultancy
- Expertise in leading large pieces of business through the new business process in the digital design and customer experience space
- Strength in developing existing pieces of business and leading the development of new business
- A creative and strategically led person who is always looking to innovate for clients
- Motivated to join an agency at a stage of growth and to be integral in driving success, building processes and leading accounts
We are passionate about providing a fun, dynamic work environment with a good balance of challenging, exciting content and time for life. Our London studio is located in Shoreditch, work will be based out of our office with occasional international travel required to present to key clients.
Basic benefits package includes...
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme (a combination of overall business performance and personal performance based on mutually agreed targets)
- Access to discretionary shares scheme (awarded to employees subject to business performance)
- Company pension
- Flexible working policy
- Summer and winter team conference
- Macbook laptop
- Reporting to the UK MD
In summary, it’s a fantastic opportunity to join and help shape a business that’s growing, is well funded, secure, and is absolute in its direction and desire to succeed.