Business Director (UK)
This Place is a global digital strategy & design studio with expertise across strategy, experience design, UX/UI design and development and locations in London, Seattle, Hong Kong and Tokyo. We’re a friendly, driven and rapidly growing team with a passion for making the complex simple, building significant brand and commercial benefit for our clients and creating deep engagement with customers.
We look for those who are smart, curious, humble, and fun. We have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration.
We are entering a phase of rapid growth and looking for talented people to join our journey, principle amongst which is a Business Director to help drive existing relationships further, and impress to establish new ones.
The role of the Business Director:
This is a pivotal role for This Place, leading the relationships with our key clients, helping to develop our Client Services function, and leading the agency in the acquisition of new business. Day to day you will be:
- Owning the strategic relationship with our national and international clients served from London
- Acting as the trusted advisor, offering deep and worthwhile digital and commercial strategic guidance to help solve their business problems
- Delivering outstanding client services, always on hand and willing to go the extra mile to ensure we remain a trusted partner
- Working with the current project management, strategy, development, and design teams and growing a client services team around you
- Identifying new opportunities within existing clients to further our reach and lines of revenue
- Leveraging your contact book to identify new client opportunities. Working with the Managing Director on client pitch work and owning relationships with new accounts into the business
- Sitting on the This Place leadership team, offering strategic direction to the business
- Stellar client services background within a digital, design or user experience agency - up to Senior Account Director or Business Director level
- Demonstrable expertise in leading large pieces of client business in the digital design and customer experience space
- Experience of growing/managing a team of account executives and account managers
- Strength in developing existing pieces of business and leading the development of new business
- A creative and strategically led account person who is always looking to innovate for clients
- A disruptive thinker who feels empowered to challenge client processes and campaign strategies
- Motivated to join an agency at a stage of growth and to be integral in driving success, building processes and leading accounts
We are passionate about providing a fun, dynamic work environment with a good balance of challenging, exciting content and time for life. Our London studio is located in Shoreditch, work will be based out of our office with occasional international travel required to present to key clients.
Basic benefits package includes...
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme (a combination of overall business performance and personal performance based on mutually agreed targets)
- Access to discretionary shares scheme (awarded to employees subject to business performance)
- Company pension
- Flexible working policy
- Summer and winter team conference
- Macbook laptop
- Reporting to the UK MD
This is a pivotal role in the development of This Place and our continuing success. As Business Director you will have the opportunity to direct our next exciting chapter of growth.
In summary, it’s a fantastic opportunity to join and help shape a business that’s growing, is well funded, secure, and is absolute in its direction and desire to succeed.