This Place is a digital experience agency, with expertise across strategy, user experience, design and development. We are passionate about making the complex seamless, creating significant brand and commercial benefit for our clients and deep engagement from their customers.
At This Place, we look for those who are smart, curious, humble, and fun. We have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, entrepreneurial spirits, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through great design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration. If this sounds like you, and you believe that better digital experiences shape a better world, we’d love to hear from you.
We have almost 30 talented digital designers, strategists, architects and developers in London, and a rapidly expanding Seattle studio housing 20 full time family members. Additionally we’ve now joined forces with Infoteria Group (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange) to expand our footprint into Japan / APAC and also strengthen our ability to create innovative and meaningful IoT solutions.
We are entering a phase of rapid growth and looking for talented people to join our journey, principle amongst which is a Business Director to help drive existing relationships further, and impress to establish new ones.
The Role of the Business Director:
This is a pivotal role for This Place, leading the relationships with our key clients, helping to develop our Client Services function, and leading the agency in the acquisition of new business. Day to day you will be:
- Owning the strategic relationship with our UK anchor clients
- Being the trusted advisor, offering deep and worthwhile digital and commercial strategic guidance to help solve their business problems
- Delivering outstanding client services, always on hand and willing to go the extra mile to ensure we remain a trusted partner
- Working with the current project management, strategy, development, and design teams and growing an client services team around you
- Sitting on the This Place leadership team, offering strategic direction to the business
- Leveraging your contact book to identify new client opportunities. Working with the Managing Director on client pitch work and owning relationships with new accounts into the business
Requirements of the Business Director:
- Stellar client services background within a digital, design or user experience agency - up to Senior Account Director or Business Director level
- Demonstrable expertise in leading large pieces of client business in the digital design and customer experience space
- Experience of growing/managing a team of account executives and account managers
- Strength in developing existing pieces of business and leading the development of new business
- A creative and strategically led account person who is always looking to innovate for clients
- A disruptive thinker who feels empowered to challenge client processes and campaign strategies
- Motivated to join an agency at a stage of growth and to be integral in driving success, building processes and leading accounts
For more information on the opportunity, a confidential chat, you can contact Glyn or Graham on [email protected]
***NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE***