Development Team Lead (UK)
This Place is a digital experience agency, with expertise across strategy, user experience, design and development. We are passionate about making the complex seamless, building significant brand and commercial benefit for our clients and deep engagement from their customers. We focus on mobile, responsive web, wearable technology and omni channel experiences.
We are a dedicated team, working with some of the world’s most influential brands from our London (25 people), Seattle and Tokyo offices. Having joined with Infoteria Corporation in 2017, we are entering a phase of rapid growth and looking for talented people to join our journey.
The Role of the Development Team Lead:
- Guide and encourage a team to build great online products from back-end to front-end across an array of international clients
- Leading a development team of four. 70% hands on development, 30% team management and leadership
- Help define the future role of the development team within This Place
- Working on our own product, a simplified Design Guideline platform and single source of truth, that helps large organisations streamlining and scaling their design and creation process
Requirements of the Development Team Lead:
- Experience in leading a team within a dynamic environment
- Ideally experienced working with clients to scope tasks and plan resource
- Knowledge in building , maintaining and documenting coherent server side and client-side APIs
- Experience of software testing/TDD
- A superb communicator, great people motivator and teammate
Why This Place?
- We have an innovation program with time reserved to come up with new ideas and explore new technologies such as IoT, Blockchain, AR, VR, AI and Machine Learning, using Google Glass and EEG devices which we have open sourced - see our MindRDR project as an example (http://mindrdr.thisplace.com/)
- We love to attend (and win) hackathons together! We recently won the London Insurance Blockchain Hackathon with our Ethereum Insurance app
- We are currently doing research in Blockchain technologies to explore the potential
***NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE***