Creative Tech Director
This Place is a digital experience agency, with expertise across strategy, user experience, design and development. We are passionate about making the complex seamless, building significant brand and commercial benefit for our clients and deep engagement from their customers. We focus on web, wearable technology and omni channel experiences.
We are a dedicated team, working with some of the world’s most influential brands from our London (25 people), Seattle and Tokyo offices. Having joined with Infoteria Corporation in 2017, we are entering a phase of rapid growth and looking for talented people to join our journey.
The Role of the Creative Tech Director:
- Develop and lead the direction of This Place as a digital experience business including taking the lead on all technology solutions, outputs and strategies, ensuring the work delivers world-class digital customer experiences
- Champion a progressive approach to what’s possible, inspiring both clients and colleagues about how to most effectively solve business challenges through the development of future-looking experience systems
- Collaborate with clients to create customer-first digital strategies and experiences, providing industry-best technology consultancy and insights to C-level clients, as well as engaging and leading all levels of stakeholders as a trusted partner
- Create ideas and concepts, pioneering our digital approach to problems and opportunities, imagining new ways to harness technology to develop innovative, future-facing approaches
- Shape, lead, and inspire the UK Technology & Development function, taking responsibility for managing their productivity and development, guiding the quality of work and its impact across accounts
- Proactively partner with Strategy, Design and other areas to make sure progressive experience-led technical approaches are at the heart of all solutions
- Be a core part of the This Place Leadership Team, getting involved in wider business and commercial decisions, helping design and shape the future of our business
- Serve as the voice of the department for new business prospects and industry events, advocating the agency POV and providing original thinking that helps attract and grow our client roster
- Undertake occasional travel to our sister studios in Seattle USA and Tokyo Japan, along with client locations as required.
- Have a extensible remit allowing for continuous learning and rapid growth
Requirements of the Creative Tech Director:
- Leadership and management ambitions
- Feeling comfortable with the challenges described above
- Experience in leading a team within a dynamic environment
- Ideally experienced working with clients to scope tasks and plan resource
- Knowledge in building, maintaining and documenting coherent server side and client-side APIs
- Experience of software testing/TDD
- A superb communicator, great people motivator and teammate
Our goal is to assemble the best team possible and we believe that your race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age don’t impact how smart, innovative, creative and skilled you are. If you want to be a part of our team and think you’ve got what it takes, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace and a work environment that supports a healthy work-life balance.
***NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE***
Why This Place?
- We have an innovation program with time reserved to come up with new ideas and explore new technologies such as IoT, Blockchain, AR, VR, AI and Machine Learning, using Google Glass and EEG devices which we have open sourced - see our MindRDR project as an example (http://mindrdr.thisplace.com/)
- We love to attend (and win) hackathons together! We recently won the London Insurance Blockchain Hackathon with our Ethereum Insurance app
- We are currently doing research in Blockchain technologies to explore the potential