Lead Experience Designer
This Place is a global strategic design consultancy with expertise across strategy, design and technology and locations in London, Seattle, Hong Kong and Tokyo. We’re a friendly, driven and growing team with a passion for making the complex simple, building significant commercial benefit for our clients and creating deep engagement with customers.
We look for those who are smart, humble, and entrepreneurial. We have in common a strong empathy for human needs, critical thinking, business acumen, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration.
We are entering a new phase of growth and looking for talented people to join our journey.
The role of Lead Experience Designer:
You'll join our London design studio as part of the This Place Experience Design team. Working closely with strategy, we solve our clients business problems by leveraging the analytical approach of strategy with the creative flare of experience design built against what the client has the feasibility to deliver.
You will work with brands all over the world to deliver strategic design experiences that are purposeful in a cross-functional diverse team. Your passion for your craft will drive the standard for your discipline and challenge the norm. You are a perfectionist with a collaborative mindset that thrives when being a part of a team. The whiteboard is your best friend for unpacking the problem you’re trying to solve and you're familiar with lean approaches to design.
Working closely with a diverse group of designers to work on phases of work across our Global client base may include customer journey maps, agile sprints, vision and concept setting pieces and much more. You will work closely with the Experience Design Director and Associate Design Director to work against the team vision and goals as well as manage and support your own clients.
- 5+ year experience & BA in Design
- Experience in designing experiences, websites, products that combine user needs with business objectives and technical feasibility.
- Strong knowledge of user research and testing.
- High quality output with a passion for iteration and development.
- Experience in design thinking, design sprints and other relevant methodologies.
- Holistic and human centered approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept and deliverable.
- Experience in both participating and facilitating cross-functional workshops.
- Ability to lead and present your own project.
- Familiar with producing customer journey maps, service blueprints and other UX outputs.
- Empowering and leading designers and other members of a cross-functional team.
- Consulting approach to problem solving, managing client relationships and agility.
- Mentoring and upskilling.
- Experience in generating and presenting pitch work.
- Wireframing & Prototyping.
- Visual design skills in Sketch and Figma.
- User flows, journeys and behavioural segments.
- Familiar with Design Thinking and Service Design.
- Up to date with industry trends in innovation and design.
- Storytelling and presenting.
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written).
Our London office is located in Shoreditch, work will be based out of our office with international travel required to our global offices / client sites. Our relaxed friendly culture is something we are incredibly proud of. Our office is full of whiteboard space to encourage and facilitate collaborative working, encouraging the team to constantly push the boundaries of what we can achieve as a business and for our clients. We believe in empowering our teams to actively learn and challenge and grow into the role or career path that they desire. We’re made up of a diverse team of people from all over the world with all kinds of backgrounds allowing us to look at things from different lenses.
Basic benefits package includes...
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Access to discretionary shares scheme
- Company pension
- Flexible working policy & dog friendly office
- Summer and winter team conference
- Macbook laptop
This is a pivotal role in the development of This Place and our continuing success - it’s a fantastic opportunity to join and help shape a business that’s growing, is well funded, secure, and is absolute in its direction and desire to succeed.