Business Director (UK)
This Place is a global strategic design consultancy with expertise across strategy, design and technology and locations in London, Seattle, Hong Kong and Tokyo. We’re a friendly, driven and growing team with a passion for making the complex simple, building significant commercial benefit for our clients and creating deep engagement with customers.
We look for those who are smart, humble, and entrepreneurial. We have in common a strong empathy for human needs, critical thinking, business acumen, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration.
We are entering a new phase of growth and looking for talented people to join our journey, principal amongst which is a Business Director to help drive existing relationships further, and impress to establish new ones.
The role of the Business Director:
This is a pivotal role for This Place, leading the acquisition of new business alongside driving existing relationships with our key clients. Day to day you will be:
- Leveraging your contact book to identify new client opportunities
- Working with the Managing Director on client pitch work and owning end to end RFP and pitch processes on behalf of the business
- Owning the strategic and commercial relationship with international clients served from London
- Acting as a trusted advisor, offering deep and worthwhile digital and commercial guidance to help solve their business problems
- Identifying new opportunities within existing clients to further our reach and lines of revenue
- Working with the current project management, strategy, design and technology teams
- Sitting on the This Place leadership team, offering strategic direction to the business
- Strong consulting background with experience in digital transformation or digital product design preferred - Senior Manager or Director level
- Demonstrable expertise in winning new business
- Demonstrable expertise in leading large pieces of client business in the digital design and customer experience space
- Experience of growing/managing a multi-disciplinary team
- Strength in developing existing pieces of business and leading the development of new business
- A disruptive thinker who feels empowered to challenge client processes and campaign strategies
- Motivated to join a business at a stage of growth and to be integral in driving success, building processes and leading accounts
Our London studio is located in Shoreditch, work will be based out of our office with international travel required.
Basic benefits package includes...
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Access to discretionary shares scheme
- Company pension
- Flexible working policy
- Summer and winter team conference
- Macbook laptop
This is a pivotal role in the development of This Place and our continuing success. As Business Director you will have the opportunity to direct our next exciting chapter of growth.
In summary, it’s a fantastic opportunity to join and help shape a business that’s growing, is well funded, secure, and is absolute in its direction and desire to succeed.