Senior UX Designer
As a Senior UX Designer at This Place, you’ll be part of a team designing digital experiences and products for global brands, from conception through final design. You’ll work closely with visual designers, communication designers, strategists, developers and project managers to research and deliver compelling, user-centered design solutions.
Senior UX Designers at This Place are more than just wireframers, but are professionals who can apply design thinking to a variety of problems, and see applications for user experience design in the physical as well as digital worlds. We look for designers who see interfaces as more than utilitarian, for getting users efficiently from point A to point B, but also as vehicles to tell stories and engage people in meaningful ways.
- Work with Strategy to interview stakeholders, gather requirements, research user needs, conduct user testing, and determine necessary project deliverables.
- Help identify which technologies are appropriate for given projects, and seek opportunities for experience and design innovation.
- Create functionality, navigation, and interaction models through wireframes, site-maps, schematics, and design-level prototypes.
- Be an eloquent storyteller when presenting work to internal teams and to clients, encouraging collaborative dialogue and building consensus around solutions.
- Support and guide junior designers on projects.
- Contribute to the development of best practices and standards at This Place across design and development.
- 5+ years professional experience in a design studio or start-up environment.
- A capacity for strategic, conceptual and associative thinking, and the ability to translate this thinking into compelling designs and supporting documentation.
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles.
- Proficiency with existing interactive technologies, and curiosity about emerging ones.
- Fluent in UX, visual design and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Must be able to speak thoughtfully about design, and clearly articulate concepts and design decisions.
- Ability to travel if and when required.