This Place is a global digital strategy & design studio with expertise across strategy, experience design, UX/UI design and development and locations in London, Seattle, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
We’re a friendly, driven and rapidly growing team, with a passion for making the complex simple, building significant brand and commercial benefit for our clients and creating deep engagement with customers across mobile, responsive web, wearable technology and omni-channel experiences.
We look for those who are smart, curious, humble, and fun. We have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration.
The Role of the Front-end Developer:
This is an opportunity for an experienced developer to join our team, specialising in design focused development. Your job will be to build ground-breaking online platform front and back ends, as well as exploring other technologies in the team. Some specific duties will include:
- Writing front-end code - HTML, CSS, VanillaJS, AngularJS & Angular, React and related technologies) for: one of the biggest international grocery stores’ online shop, businesses large and small, as well as charities and non-profit organisations
- Potential for back-end work, whether that's with Node or other modern technologies
- Working closely with our designers and UX experts to design elegant, technical solutions for user experience challenges provided by our clients
- Regularly reviewing code of fellow colleagues and working together on client challenges
- Mentoring junior team members and regularly taking a lead role on projects
- Regular client and team meetings to explore opportunities
- Minimum 5 years' experience
- A diligent working mindset 💪
- Strong skills in building responsive websites across desktop, tablet and mobile
- Familiar with Agile development principles and methodologies (we use Jira, Trello and others)
- Familiar team code practices, like pull requests, code reviews (we use GitHub)
We are passionate about providing a fun, dynamic work environment with a good balance of challenging, exciting content and time for life.
Our London studio is located in Shoreditch, where work will be based - with occasional international travel required to present to key clients, as well as some working from home / remotely and generally being flexible.
Basic benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme (a combination of overall business performance and personal performance based on mutually agreed targets)
- Access to discretionary shares scheme (awarded to employees subject to business performance)
- Company pension
- Flexible working policy
- Summer and winter team conferences
- Innovation Program - with time reserved to come up with new ideas and for exploring new technologies such as:
- IoT, Blockchain, AR, VR, AI and Machine Learning
- Example: Google Glass and EEG devices, which we open-sourced - MindRDR project (http://mindrdr.thisplace.com/)
- We love to attend (and win) hackathons together! We won the London Insurance Blockchain Hackathon with our Ethereum Insurance app