Senior Business Strategist (UK)
This Place is a global digital strategy & design studio with expertise across business strategy, experience design, UX/UI design and development and locations in London, Seattle, Hong Kong and Tokyo. We’re a friendly, driven and rapidly growing team with a passion for making the complex simple, building significant brand and commercial benefit for our clients and creating deep engagement with customers.
We look for those who are smart, curious, humble, and fun. We have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration.
Are you a consultant with a passion for design? Then this is the job for you - our Senior Business Strategists are one part strategy consultant and one part business designer. We are on the hunt for a driven, self-starting individual to take on a key role in our UK Business Strategy practice supporting our global client base across a variety of projects and emerging opportunities.
Bringing together multidisciplinary teams, our work is focused on partnering with our clients to solve complex challenges with simple solutions. We define strategic visions, build innovation teams, design new customer propositions and business models and create the space and story to turn these concepts into reality. We work closely with design and development and many functions within our clients’ businesses to ensure that from research, to prototype and launch, we develop actionable, practical concepts which deliver real business value and customer impact. We ask the questions a business would want answered about a new product or service - the customer value, size of the market, competition, pricing, behavioural economics, technology infrastructure, business impact, investment required and time to scale.
As a senior member of our team, the right candidate will also be given the opportunity to help drive and shape the nature of the work conducted in the practice, the team who will support it, and the clients with which we work.
● Ability to reframe business problems with a design mindset and work in collaboration with a broad range of skills
● Undertake quantitative and qualitative research studies (e.g. market sizing, trends analysis, competitor assessment, customer research, company financial analysis)
● Analyse and draw insights and meaningful conclusions from research
● Develop customer personas and journey maps
● Design and facilitate immersive client workshop experiences
● Co-create new business ideas and concepts with clients / multidisciplinary teams
● Design concept pitch decks and / or business cases and assess commercial and user value of new opportunities
● Develop capability recommendations / roadmap required to enable new opportunities
● Research, write, and deliver presentations and reports to executive clients
● Lead and drive multidisciplinary project teams
● Mentor junior team members
● Contribute to the development and growth of the Business Strategy Practice & the rest of the business
● Minimum of 4 years’ experience in client facing consulting / business design roles or equivalent experience of building digital start-ups
● Strong background / experience in a combination of: digital strategy, innovation, customer experience, organizational change, business case development, design thinking
● Excellent general business acumen with exceptional problem solving skills
● Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
● Confident, assertive, driven, responsible and self directed
● Ability to work independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team
● Deep experience and mastery of presentation and data analysis tools (such as PowerPoint or Keynote and Excel or Tableau)
● Experience with global brands and retail / customer facing industries
● Passionate about digital and its impact on customer facing businesses
● Interest in working with design teams to deliver high-impact projects, experience working alongside designers preferred
● Awareness of or some exposure to design and prototyping tools
● Excellent written and spoken English required; other European languages a bonus
● Ability to travel as required (minimal)
We are passionate about providing a fun, dynamic work environment with a good balance of challenging, exciting content and time for life. Our London studio is located in Shoreditch, work will be based out of our office with occasional international travel required to present to key clients.
Basic benefits package includes...
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme (a combination of overall business performance and personal performance based on mutually agreed targets)
- Access to discretionary shares scheme (awarded to employees subject to business performance)
- Company pension
- Flexible working policy
- Summer and winter team conference
- Macbook laptop
- Reporting to the UK Strategy Director
In summary, it’s a fantastic opportunity to join and help shape a business that’s growing, is well funded, secure, and is absolute in its direction and desire to succeed.