Senior Associate (Business Design)
Are you a management consultant with a passion for design? Then this is the job for you! Our Senior Strategists are one part strategy consultant and one part business designer. Unlike a typical consultant however, storytelling is always at the heart of what we do. Working with multidisciplinary teams and executives our ability to tell a coherent story, make it consumable and translate it on the fly for specific audiences is crucial.
While we work very closely with product managers, our role as strategists is distinct. We partner with the client to represent the business and customer perspectives throughout the product life cycle. From research to prototype to launch, we provide the guardrails that ensure an idea doesn’t get stuck in the hype cycle and makes it to market delivering tangible business value and customer impact. To do this we ask the questions a business would want to know about a new product or service - i.e the customer value, size of the market, competition, pricing, behavioral economics, technology infrastructure, business impact, investment required and time to scale.
As a senior member of our team, the right candidate will also be given the opportunity to help drive and shape the nature of the work conducted in the practice, the team who will support it, and the clients with which we work.
If you’re passionate about helping clients succeed and have a proven track record within the world of business design, management consulting or digital transformation, we would love to talk to you.
- Ability to reframe business problems with a design mindset.
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative research studies.
- Develop customer personas, journey maps, design concept pitch decks, and business cases
- Research, write, and deliver presentations and reports to executive clients.
- Lead and drive multidisciplinary project teams.
- Mentor junior strategists toward client delivery excellence.
- Contribute to the development and growth of the Strategy Practice & the rest of the business.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in client facing management consulting or business design roles.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong background in project management, organizational change, customer experience, business case development and design thinking.
- Deep experience and mastery of presentation and data analysis tools (such as PowerPoint or Keynote and Excel or Tableau).
- Awareness and exposure to design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Principal, and Flinto.
- Global brand experience mandatory; Seattle local brands a plus.
- Passionate about digital and its impact on customer facing businesses.
- Ability to travel as required (minimal).