Experience Design Director (UK)
Experience Design Director @ This Place
This Place is a global digital strategy & design studio with expertise across strategy, experience design, UX/UI design and development and locations in London, Seattle, Hong Kong and Tokyo. We’re a friendly, driven and rapidly growing team with a passion for making the complex simple, building significant brand and commercial benefit for our clients and creating deep engagement with customers.
We look for those who are smart, curious, humble, and fun. We have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration.
The role of Experience Design Director:
- Developing and leading the direction of This Place as an experience business including taking a senior advisory position on all interaction design, ensuring the work delivers a world-class digital customer experience
- Adopting a progressive approach to what’s possible, inspiring both clients and colleagues about how to most effectively solve business challenges through the development of future- looking experience systems
- Collaborating with clients to create customer-first digital strategies and experiences, providing industry-best UX consultancy and business strategy insights to C-level clients, as well as engaging and leading all levels of stakeholders as a trusted partner
- Championing the use of data to uncover unexpected insight; exploring new sources of consumer intelligence and brand understanding as fuel for strategy-setting
- Creating ideas and concepts, pioneering the UX/CX discipline and imagining new ways to harness technology to develop innovative, future-facing approaches
- Shaping, leading, inspiring and growing the UX team, taking responsibility for managing their productivity and development, guiding the quality of work and its impact across accounts
- Proactively partnering with Strategy, Development and other areas in Design to make sure Experience Design is at the heart of all solutions
- Serving as the voice of the department for new business prospects and industry events, advocating the agency POV and providing original thinking that helps attract and grow our client roster
- Mastery of the user experience discipline and all relevant methodologies such as heuristic evaluation, usability testing, service blueprints, consumer journey mapping, personas, ecosystems, competitive audits, stakeholder/user interviews etc.
- Expert with wireframing software such as Sketch, Adobe’s Experience Designer and Illustrator and with prototyping software such as Axure, Invision or Framer
- An unquenchable desire to always go the extra mile, getting under the skin of the clients, anticipating their needs and helping them achieve more
- An appetite for growth, you will want to drive the progression of both yourself and the business
Basic benefits package includes...
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme (a combination of overall business performance and personal performance based on mutually agreed targets)
- Access to discretionary shares scheme (awarded to employees subject to business performance)
- Company pension
- Flexible working policy
- Summer and winter team conference
- Macbook laptop
- Reporting to UK Managing Director
This is a pivotal role in the development of This Place and our continuing success. As Experience Design Director you will have the opportunity to direct and design how we become an even better user-centred design business.
In summary, it’s a fantastic opportunity to join and help shape a business that’s growing, is well funded, secure, and is absolute in its direction and desire to succeed.