Senior Interaction (UX) Designer
As a Senior Interaction Designer at This Place, you’ll be designing digital experiences and products for global brands, from conception through final design. You’ll work closely with visual and communication designers, strategists, developers and project managers to research and deliver compelling, user-centered design solutions.
Interaction Designers at This Place are more than just wireframers, but are professionals who can apply their skills to a variety of problems, and see applications for user experience design in the physical as well as digital worlds. We look for designers who see interfaces as more than utilitarian, for getting users efficiently from point A to point B, but also as vehicles to tell stories and engage people in meaningful ways.
Designers at This Place work equally well independently, or as part of a team. They excel at user experience design, but are also proficient visual designers and strategic thinkers.
- Work with Strategy to interview stakeholders, gather requirements, research user needs, conduct user testing, and determine necessary project deliverables
- Help identify which technologies are appropriate for given projects, and seek opportunities for experience and design innovation
- Create functionality, navigation and interaction models through wireframes, site-maps, schematics and design-level prototypes
- Be an eloquent storyteller when presenting work to internal teams and to clients, encouraging collaborative dialogue and building consensus around solutions
- Support and guide junior designers on your projects
- Contribute to the development of best practices and standards at This Place
- 5+ years professional experience designing interfaces for digital products, as well as websites, mobile and web applications
- A visually compelling online portfolio that demonstrates impeccable craft, and an eye for detail
- A capacity for strategic, conceptual and associative thinking, and the ability to translate this thinking into compelling visual designs and supporting documentation
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- Proficiency with existing interactive technologies, and curiosity about emerging ones
- Fluency in visual and motion design, UX and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Framer, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Must be able to speak thoughtfully about design, and clearly articulate concepts and design decisions
- Located within commuting distance of Seattle, WA (or willing to relocate)
- Ability to travel if and when required