Senior Visual Designer
As a Senior Visual Designer at This Place, you’ll be designing digital experiences and products for global brands, from conception through final design. You’ll work closely with interaction and communication designers, strategists, developers and project managers to deliver compelling, user-centered design solutions.
Visual Designers at This Place are more than just craftspeople, but are professionals who think about the role that visual design plays in telling stories, and bring both skill and personal perspective to what they create. We look for designers who see digital as one facet of a larger design discipline, and are knowledgable about other forms of visual communication, including fine art, graphic and industrial design, information graphics, animation and photography.
Designers at This Place work equally well independently, or as part of a team. They excel at visual design, but are also proficient interaction designers and strategic thinkers.
- Create mood boards, concepts, page-level designs and design-level prototypes for websites, applications, wearable devices, interactive installations and data visualizations
- Apply an understanding of how visual and UX/ID concerns and requirements differ between platforms, devices, and channels
- Work within established brand guidelines, or participate in concepting and designing net-new branding (color palettes, typography, logos and iconography)
- Lead the creation of style guides, redlines and/or other documentation necessary for final delivery to client, or handoff to development
- Be an eloquent storyteller when presenting work to internal teams and to clients, encouraging collaborative dialogue and building consensus around solutions
- Support and guide junior designers on your projects
- Contribute to the development of best practices and standards at This Place
- 5+ years professional experience designing interfaces for digital products, as well as websites, mobile and web applications
- A visually compelling online portfolio that demonstrates impeccable craft, and an eye for detail
- A capacity for strategic, conceptual and associative thinking, and the ability to translate this thinking into compelling visual designs and supporting documentation
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- Proficiency with existing interactive technologies, and curiosity about emerging ones
- Fluency in visual and motion design, UX and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Framer, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Must be able to speak thoughtfully about design, and clearly articulate concepts and design decisions
- Located within commuting distance of Seattle, WA (or willing to relocate)
- Ability to travel if and when required