Head of Business Strategy
This Place is a global digital strategy & design studio with expertise across business strategy, experience design, UX/UI design and development and locations in London, Seattle, Hong Kong and Tokyo. We’re a friendly, driven and rapidly growing team with a passion for making the complex simple, building significant brand and commercial benefit for our clients and creating deep engagement with customers.
We look for those who are smart, curious, humble, and fun. We have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration.
We are on the hunt for a driven, self-starting executive business strategist to head up our UK Business Strategy team. You’ll bring your management consulting background and a passion for digital and design to lead global brands through the envisioning and delivery of innovative, strategic solutions. As a senior member of our strategy team, you'll be given the opportunity to help drive and shape the nature of the work conducted in the practice; grow and lead the team who will support it; and share in the act of setting the direction for our business as a whole.
You will work across business, technology, creative, and operationally focused client teams to help them operate in a fast-changing market, take advantage of the efficiencies of digital, and find ways to unlock competitive advantage. The role will involve working closely with executive client teams (board, SVP, VP, and Director level) to gather, analyze, and present fact-driven pragmatic insight on how the business needs to change, from launching new propositions and business models to identifying cost, time, and organizational implications. We work closely with design and development and many functions within our clients’ businesses to ensure that from research, to prototype and launch, we develop actionable, practical concepts which deliver real business value and customer impact.
If you’re passionate about helping clients succeed and have a proven track record within the world of consulting, design, and digital transformation, we would love to talk to you!
- Deliver innovative, digital, strategic advice to clients and team.
- Act as a trusted advisor to executive client teams. Elevate client relationships and increase the value we deliver over time.
- Formulate scenarios for change and develop a point of view on the client’s best course of action. Research, write, and deliver presentations and reports to executive clients.
- Support businesses through digital transformation.
- Lead and drive multidisciplinary project teams.
- Have and maintain knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization.
- Build a team of Strategists and mentor them toward delivery excellence.
- Help us build something by contributing to the development and growth of the Strategy Practice and the rest of the business.
- Be a thought leader in your area of passion. Use your knowledge to build POCs, opinion pieces, or other market facing thought leadership.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in business strategy consulting delivering successful client advisory projects at a top tier consulting firm. Experience supporting digital transformation externally or from within preferred.
- Excellent general business acumen with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Global brand experience and B2C mandatory; B2B a plus.
- Confident, assertive, driven, responsible, and professional. Self-directed and inspiring in your work ethic and motivation.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, cross-functionally, and is seen as a leader and expert to outside disciplines.
- Passionate about digital and its impact on customer facing businesses.
- Ability to travel as required (minimal).
We are passionate about providing a fun, dynamic work environment with a good balance of challenging, exciting content and time for life. Our London studio is located in Shoreditch, work will be based out of our office with occasional international travel required to present to key clients or visit our other studios.
Benefits package includes...
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme (a combination of overall business performance and personal performance based on mutually agreed targets)
- Access to discretionary shares scheme (awarded to employees subject to business performance)
- Company pension
- Flexible working policy
- Summer and winter team conference
- Macbook laptop
- Reporting to the UK Strategy Director
In summary, it’s a fantastic opportunity to join and help shape a business that’s growing, is well funded, secure, and is absolute in its direction and desire to succeed.