Senior Design Researcher
As a Senior Experience Researcher, you see past the data. You’re passionate about understanding people, their behaviors and the motivations behind them.
At This Place, our Researchers are fully integrated in the creative process from conception through final design. They influence the design of digital experiences and products for global brands. As part of our design team, you’ll work closely with interaction, visual, and communication designers, strategists, developers, and project managers to deliver compelling, user-centered design solutions.
We look for Researchers who can truly see the big picture and who are driven to discover the right data necessary to influence evidence-based design decisions.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, your talent, and experience, let’s talk!
- Work closely with strategists and designers to identify areas of exploration and organize these into tangible research topics
- Interview stakeholders, gather analytics data, research user needs, design and conduct user interviews and product testing, and help determine necessary project deliverables
- Generate actionable insights and recommendations that align project stakeholders, and inform effective designs
- Help identify which digital channels and technologies are appropriate for given projects, and seek opportunities for experience and design innovation
- Be an eloquent storyteller when presenting work to internal teams and to clients, encouraging collaborative dialogue and building consensus around insights and recommendations
- Educate product teams and clients about how to incorporate user research into requirements, and facilitate evidence-based design decisions
- Identify opportunities to facilitate and/or conduct design research workshops internally, and with clients as project needs require
- Contribute to the development of best practices and standards at This Place
- 6 years professional experience conducting consumer/design research for digital products as well as websites, mobile, and web applications
- A capacity for strategic, conceptual, and associative thinking, and the ability to create bridges that link ideas with action
- A solid understanding of user-centered design principles, and the proven ability to collaborate with creatives in the design process
- Proficiency with existing interactive technology and curiosity about emerging technologies
- Located within commuting distance of Seattle, WA (or willing to relocate)
- Ability to travel if, and when, required
This Place offers a generous benefits package!
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees
- Competitive salary and generous PTO policy
- Summer and winter conference
- 10 paid holidays
- Fun Fremont location
- Maternity/paternity benefits for those with at least 6 months of service